Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
/authentic-c 

Post /authentic-c
Once pitcher Mike Lorenzen homered Cheap Jonathan Cooper Jersey , the Cincinnati Reds got rolling again.

Lorenzen connected for a pinch-hit shot to begin Cincinnati’s comeback, Jesse Winker added a pinch-hit, three-run homer in a big seventh, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 8-6 Sunday for their seventh straight win.

Lorenzen’s homer was the third of his career and second in two games by a Reds pitcher. Anthony DeSclafani hit a grand slam on Saturday, the first by a Reds pitcher since 1959.

”In a game like today we feel like we’re not meant to lose,” Lorenzen said.

The last-place Reds completed a four-game sweep of the Cubs for the first time since 1983 at Riverfront Stadium. Their winning streak is their longest since a 10-game surge in July 2012.

”We know what we can do,” Winker said. ”It is cool coming to the field and expecting to win. We’re in June right now. We are taking care of June. To win a game, it takes a group effort. There’s plenty of season left. We’re going to keep grinding good at bats. It’s been a lot of fun.”

After Chicago scored five times in the fifth, Lorenzen homered in the bottom half.

The Reds trailed 6-1 going into the seventh. Winker went opposite field on Pedro Strop’s first pitch after relieving Mike Montgomery to cut Chicago’s lead to 6-5.

Joey Votto delivered the go-ahead double as the next four batters reached against Strop (3-1), who retired just two of the nine batters he faced in his first appearance since Tuesday.

”Strop had plenty of rest – maybe too much,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. ”I felt like he was the right guy. It just didn’t work. They got two pinch-hit homers, one by a pitcher. They had some great at-bats.”

Said Strop: ”It’s always good to be fresh.”

”I’m not blaming that. I didn’t feel like I had command of my fastball. I think that was the key. I was getting behind hitters, and I was a little bit too fine when I got ahead Korey Toomer Color Rush Jersey ,” he said.

Jose Peraza drove in two runs and Tucker Barnhart had the game-tying RBI as the Reds set a season high for runs.

”We’ve never quit,” manager Jim Riggleman said. ”We’ve always battled. It’s Major League Baseball. You better keep playing for nine innings. We had that stretch where we were down three or four runs in the early innings. We were competitive and came back in some of them. As of late, we haven’t had to do that. The starters have done a good job.”

Seven runs are the most allowed in one inning this season by the Cubs, who have lost six of their last eight.

”You don’t change things,” Maddon said. ”You still eat. You still sleep. You still pet your puppy.”

The Reds overcame a fifth-inning two-run homer by slumping Anthony Rizzo, who went 1-for-14 in the series, and a solo shot by Albert Almora Jr. off Jackson Stephens (1-0), which gave Chicago a 6-1 lead in the seventh.

Amir Garrett had three strikeouts in the eighth before Raisel Iglesias picked up his 13th save.

Montgomery started in place of Tyler Chatwood, who left for Chicago early Sunday morning when his wife went into labor. The left-hander kept the Reds scoreless until Lorenzen’s homer with two outs in the fifth inning.

START OVER

Reds 3B Eugenio Suarez went 0 for 3 before leaving in a double switch, snapping his hitting streak at a career-high 13 games, the longest active streak in the major leagues.

BIG STEP

Cubs RHP Yu Darvish is expected to throw 75 pitches or four to five innings of his first rehab start on Monday with Single-A South Bend. Darvish has been out since May 20 with right triceps tendinitis.

QUICK RETURN

The Reds activated OF Scott Schebler from the bereavement list before Sunday’s after missing three games, the minimum amount of time he could spend on the list. OF Phillip Ervin was optioned to Triple-A Louisville. Schebler went 1 for 3 with two walks.

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR

Sunday’s game was the Cubs’ last in Cincinnati this season. The remaining 10 games between the two teams will be played in Chicago.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Cubs: 3B Kris Bryant missed his second straight start and is day-to-day with a sore left shoulder.

Reds: RHP Homer Bailey, out since June 2 with right knee inflammation B.J. Hill Color Rush Jersey , threw 86 pitches in six innings of a rehab start with Triple-A Louisville on Saturday.

UP NEXT

Cubs: RHP Duane Underwood will be recalled from Triple-A Iowa to make his major league debut as Chicago tries to keep its starters on regular rest.

Reds: RHP Tyler Mahle (6-6) is 3-0 with a 1.61 ERA in four June starts.

Sam Darnold and the New York Jets are still in a contract stalemate – with no clear resolution in sight.

The team held its third practice of training camp without the prized rookie quarterback on Sunday, the first session open to the general public. While there were plenty of green and white No. 14 jerseys roaming the Jets’ practice facility, none were being worn by the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Darnold is unsigned and staying away from the team while his representatives and the Jets continue to hash out details in his contract. Meanwhile, many fans remain somewhat surprisingly patient and optimistic that the young quarterback will get to camp.

”Of course I’m disappointed,” said 24-year-old Kelly Stickle, a New Jersey resident wearing a No. 28 Curtis Martin jersey. ”I mean, (he’s) the prospective starting quarterback, but hopefully they’ll reach an agreement soon and he’ll be out here.”

Both sides are hoping that’s the case. But it’s unclear when that will happen.

”I’ll get an update when he runs out on the field,” Jets coach Todd Bowles said. ”I’m a coach. I don’t handle the money or anything like that, or the business side of it. I understand it all and I am aware of it all, but I coach the guys that are out here and that’s all I am worried about.”

Under the slotting system in the NFL, Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million Giants Cheap Jerseys , including a $20 million signing bonus – when he signs. But the dispute seems to hang on contract language.

One issue could be offsets, which if included could provide a team with a measure of financial protection if it cuts a player during his rookie contract. Not having offset language, a condition that Darnold’s representatives are apparently seeking, allows a player to receive his remaining salary from the team that cut him, as well as get paid by another team that signs him.

According to published reports by ESPN and the New York Post, another hang-up could be default language that is related to the guaranteed money. Some teams include stipulations that could void guarantees if a player is fined and/or suspended by the NFL for disciplinary reasons.

”I’m a businessman and I understand,” said 40-year-old Washington resident Kevin Deans, who was sporting a Darnold jersey. ”It seems that they’ve just got to work some stuff out. I don’t hold it against anyone.”

That seemed to be the general feeling among many fans who attended Jets practice. They’re not happy Darnold isn’t in camp, but are hopeful this storyline will soon go away.

”It’s really unfortunate that Sam’s not here,” said 23-year-old Jimmy Egan of Yonkers, New York. ”Obviously, we want him here to get the chemistry with the players and all that. But, I think from his perspective http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-chad-thomas-jersey , he’s letting his agent handle the business side. It’s unfortunate, but hopefully it gets done soon.

”Hopefully, we’ll get Sam out here practicing with the guys and hopefully he starts against the Lions in September.”

That could become a much tougher task for Darnold the longer he holds out of camp. The 21-year-old quarterback is expected to compete with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater for the starting job, but is losing valuable on-field and in-classroom time with each passing day.

The 39-year-old McCown is the incumbent and currently the favorite to be under center for New York at Detroit on Sept. 10 in the regular-season opener. He and Bridgewater have been taking increased snaps in practices in Darnold’s absence.

Most teams have at least three quarterbacks early in camp to ease the workload on the players. Coach Todd Bowles has said the Jets could consider that, but had no intention to add another camp arm at this time.

”You’re just kind of literally more aware of every throw,” McCown said. ”Even if I catch the ball, I’m throwing it to somebody else so it’s not a real rep. I’ll toss it with my other hand. You have to be smart with how many throws and be cognizant of how many throws you make.”

During the practice session Sunday, the offense was having a particularly solid stretch when Long Island resident John Pagano, a long-time fan known as ”Cuz,” shouted: ”We don’t need Darnold! If he were committed, he’d be here now. We’ve got two good quarterbacks here now!”

That sentiment was soon negated when Bridgewater threw an incomplete pass, setting off several fans in the metal bleachers who shouted: ”Sign Darnold!”

If Darnold’s holdout lasts much longer, the as-of-now patient Jets fans might start voicing their frustrations soon Jonathan Cooper Color Rush Jersey , too.

”I believe he’ll be here before the start of the season, but you’ve got to take care of the business part,” said Andre Jones, 51, of Newark. ”If he holds out too long, we’ll probably be a little disappointed. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

NOTES: Bowles confirmed that RB Eli McGuire will need surgery on his broken foot, and said a timetable for his return would be determined after the procedure. … The Jets signed RB George Atkinson III, son of former Raiders safety George Atkinson, and waived TE Bucky Hodges. … The team announced in a post on social media that it will introduce new uniforms next April to mark the franchise’s 60th season. The Jets did not disclose any details on the upcoming changes.

11. Aug 2018, 02:58

Post Re: /authentic-c
pandora jewelry
off white
ralph lauren outlet
vapormax plus
coach outlet
adidas outlet
jimmy choo
red bottoms
kobe shoes
ray ban sunglasses